+ Identification numbers of the car
+ Governing bodies
- Settings and routine maintenance
Schedule of routine maintenance of Mitsubishi Galant/Mirage/Diamante cars
General information about settings and adjustments
Check of levels of liquids
Check of a condition of tires and pressure of their rating
Replacement of impellent oil and oil filter
Check, service and charging of the storage battery
Check of a condition of components of system of cooling
Check of a condition and replacement of the hoses located in an impellent compartment
Check of a condition and replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Rotation of wheels
Check of a condition of components of a suspension bracket and steering drive
Greasing of components of the chassis
Replacement of ATF of automatic transmission and differential of the main transfer, check of a condition and AT filter service
Check of a condition of brake lines
Check condition/service of disk brake mechanisms
Check of a condition of protective covers of power shafts
Check and adjustment of gaps of valves - only Mirage
Replacement of a filtering element of an air purifier
Service of system of cooling
Replacement of the fuel filter
Check and replacement of the valve of system of operated ventilation of a case (PCV)
Check of a condition and replacement of spark plugs
Condition check, adjustment of effort of a tension and replacement of driving belts
Check of a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases
RKPP transmission oil replacement
Replacement of greasing of a transfer case - only all-wheel drive Galant
Replacement of greasing of back differential - only all-wheel drive Galant
Check condition/service of drum-type brake mechanisms
Check of serviceability of functioning of the parking brake
Check of serviceability of functioning of the vacuum amplifier of brakes
Check of a condition of seat belts
Check of a condition and replacement of components of system of ignition
Check/adjustment of installation of a corner of an advancing of ignition
Check of a condition of components of system of catching of fuel evaporations
Check of a condition of components of a power supply system
Check of a condition and belt replacement GRM drive (it)
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
+ engine Electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Manual transmission
+ Coupling and transmission line
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Check, service and charging of the storage battery
Tools and materials necessary at service of the storage battery
Performance of checks of a condition and service of the battery demand observance of some special precautionary measures. Remember that hydrogen allocated by electrolit is explosive gas in the highest measure. Do not smoke, and do not come nearer to a venue of works with open fire or the lit cigaret! Do not forget that actually the electrolit represents the diluted sulfuric acid which at hit in eyes or on open sites of a body is capable to cause strong chemical burns. The electrolit also easily can damage a fabric of clothes and a paint and varnish covering of body panels!
At battery shutdown always disconnect from it first of all a negative wire, - to connect it follows the last!
If the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery make sure that have the correct combination for audiosystem input in action!
1. The conscientious attitude to performance of procedures of the routine preventive maintenance of the storage battery is the unique pledge of fast and trouble-free start of the engine. Before undertaking battery service, make sure available near at hand all necessary materials and the tools guaranteeing safety of work.
2. There is also a number of additional precautionary measures which should be observed at carrying out service of the battery. Before starting works, without fail muffle the engine and switch off everything consumers of the electric power. Disconnect from the battery a negative wire.
3. Remember that in banks of the battery the hydrogen being not only easily flammable, but also explosive gas is allocated. Do not come nearer at all to a venue of works with open fire or the lit cigaret, try to use only the neiskroobrazuyushchy tool. A charging of the battery make in well ventilated room.
4. The electrolit represents solution of the sulfuric acid relating not only to the category of toxic chemical compounds, but being also extremely chemically aggressive substance. Do not allow electrolit hit in eyes, on open sites of a body and clothes subjects. Carrying out battery service, put on goggles and gloves, do not allow children to come nearer to a venue of works.
5. Study an external condition of the battery. If the positive plug of the battery with the clip put on it is equipped with a rubber protector, make sure that the last is not damaged mechanically. The protector should cover metal components of terminal connection completely. Check a condition and reliability of fastening of terminal connections, examine a casing and a battery cover on existence of cracks and other damages of a mechanical order. Make sure of reliability of a tightening of clamping nuts. Estimate a condition of isolation of wires of the battery on all their length.
1. In case of detection on a surface of the battery of traces of corrosion in the form of a white poroshkoobrazny raid, in particular near the locations of plugs, it is necessary to remove the battery from the car for carrying out careful external cleaning. Weaken a wrench bolts of terminal clips (at first the negative!) and carefully disconnect from the wire battery. Give fixture of a clamping level, lift the last and take the battery from an impellent compartment.
2. Carefully smooth out contact surfaces of terminal clips of wires and polar plugs of the battery special brushes with application of solution of baking soda. The same solution smooth out wash out a surface and battery covers. Watch, that solution did not get inside a banok. Cleaning make in protective masks/points and rubber gloves in order to avoid hit of particles of acid in eyes and on hands. Try to pick up also the corresponding clothes which will not be a pity for throwing out then. Having finished cleaning, rinse the processed surfaces with fresh water.
3. Check a condition of the pallet of the battery, its support and fixture of a clamping level. Wash out the pallet solution of the baking soda, the sites damaged by corrosion process a first coat on a zinc basis.
4. Before installation of the battery make sure that on the pallet no tools and materials are left. Do not draw excessively fixture of a clamping level.
5. For protection of terminal connections against corrosion establish on polar plugs of the battery in a special way processed felt washers. Having connected wires, cover terminal knots with acid-free vaseline. Remember that the negative wire is always connected in the last turn!
6. Track reliability of a tightening of fixture of a clamping level (do not draw bolts).
During a charging in banks of the battery there is an allocation in the highest measure of easily flammable and explosive hydrogen! Do not smoke, do not come nearer to a charging place with open fire. Coming nearer to a battery installation site, put on goggles. Before connecting the battery to the charger, or to disconnect it, make sure that the device is disconnected from a food.
Originators of the real Management recommend to make a battery charging out of the car as being allocated during procedure performance gas is chemically aggressive in relation to paint and varnish coverings. Remember that performance of fast additional charge without a detachment from the battery of wires can lead to failure of components of electric equipment of the car.
1. With the best way of restoration of level of a charge of the battery which has sat down to such an extent when it becomes incapable to provide engine start, its slow charging is. This way of a charging is also optimum for batteries of the cars used in a mode of short trips. Preservation of level of a charge of the battery takes on special significance in a winter season when the most adverse conditions from the point of view of load of the accumulator are created, and also during the complicated starts of the engine and the increased intensity of functioning of consumers of the electric power.
2. It is best of all to use the device for continuous additional charge by a small current (1 ÷ 2 And), sometimes called by also drop zaryazhatel). Such chargers provide an optimum mode of a charging of the battery with the minimum load of the last. For faster additional charge of the battery it is possible to use the power supply of a bigger current, remember, however, that the maximum admissible force of a charging current should not exceed 1/10 from size of capacity of the battery (its ampere hour of the characteristic). At the forced charging, according to some users allowing to restore charge level for one-two hour, load of the battery becomes so high that quite often there is its irreversible exit out of operation, - try to avoid such way of additional charge, resorting to it only in extreme emergencies.
3. Average duration of the period of a charging of the battery should be specified in the instruction enclosed in a set to the charger. Usually it makes from 12 to 16 hours.
4. Remove covers of mouths of all a battery banok (if those are provided) and закупорьте openings by pure rags in order to avoid an electrolit vypleskivaniye. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery and, observing polarity, connect clips of tips of wires of the charger to battery plugs (positive - to positive, negative - to negative). Turn on the charger in a network. If the device is equipped with the selector switch, make sure that the last is established in situation for 12 Century.
5. When using power supply with a charging current over two amperes regularly check the battery, watching that there was no its overheat. During a slow charging after initial two-hour control it is possible to leave the battery safely to be charged without supervision on all night long.
6. If banks of the charged battery are equipped with jellied mouths with demountable covers, try to check hourly within the first several hours of a charging specific weight of electrolit. Many producers specially for this purpose let out rather cheap devices called by areometers, to get which it is possible practically in any shop of automobile accessories. When using the areometer follow instructions of manufacturers enclosed to it. Continue a battery charging until during the last two hour measurements change of density of electrolit under condition of its free "boiling" (puzyreniye) in banks will not stop. Remember that in the serviceable battery the difference between specific weight of electrolit in all banks should be very insignificant.
7. Some batteries are placed in the soldered case and equipped with the built-in areometer allowing visually to define level of a charge of the battery on coloring of a color spot in an observation port of the case. Usually, bright coloring of a color spot testifies to high level of a charge of the battery; dimness of a spot says that the battery needs additional charge.
8. In batteries with the tight case without the built-in areometer (the indicator of level of a charge) check of level of a charge can be carried out by a way of connection of the voltmeter to battery plugs. Target tension of completely charged battery should make not below 12.6 In the ambassador of removal of a superficial charge.