1. It is simplest to carry out engine dismantling, having established it on the portable assembly stand. The such adaptation always can be borrowed rather cheaply in a car-care center workshop. Before fixing the engine at the stand, it is necessary to remove from it a flywheel / a driving disk and a back epiploon.
2. If possibility to use the stand is absent, dismantling should be made, having placed the engine on a strong workbench, or having reliably arranged it on a firm floor of garage. At work without the stand watch that the engine casually did not overturn.
3. If it is planned to make replacement of the engine on restored, remove with old all hinged units and external components and transfer them on the replaceable block. In number such, subject to shift, components enter:
a) The generator with arms;
b) Components of systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases;
c) The distributor / bobbin assembly and spark plugs with VV wires;
d) The thermostat with a casing cover;
e) Water pump;
f) Components of system of injection (EFI);
g) Inlet pipeline and final collector (ы);
h) Oil filter;
i) Support of a suspension bracket of the power unit;
j) Assembly of coupling (RKPP);
k) Flywheel / driving disk;
l) Back plate of the engine.
At removal from the old engine of external components try to remember characteristics of their installation. Fix in a notebook landing provisions of laying, epiploons, remote rings and plugs, pins, arms, washers, bolts and other fine details.
4. At a scheme choice with use of the reduced set of the block consisting of the block of cylinders with established in it by cranked shaft and shatunno-piston groups, remove from the old unit also a head (and) cylinders, the pallet of a case and the oil pump (possible alternatives of schemes of performance of major maintenance see in the Section Alternative versions of schemes of regenerative repair of the engine).
5. At carrying out complete major maintenance of the old unit, make its dismantling and take all internal components. The optimum order of removal of components below is given at performance of procedure of dismantling of the engine:
a) Inlet pipeline and final collector (ы);
b) Cover (and) heads of cylinders;
c) Covers of a drive of GRM with bolts;
d) A forward cover (and) and components of a drive of GRM (a gas-distributing belt with cogwheels;
e) Head (and) cylinders;
f) Case pallet;
g) Oil pump;
h) Balancing assembly (at the corresponding complete set);
i) Shatunno-porshnevye assemblies;
j) A back epiploon of a cranked shaft with the holder;
k) Cranked shaft and radical bearings;
6. Before starting engine dismantling, prepare materials and tools which be required at unit assembly (see. The section Good advice on carrying out regenerative repair of the engine).